Friday, November 24, 2006

MELETE, the muse of practice

SOLD
Thanksgiving Bovine Family, acrylic on wood, 5 x 12 x 2 inches. If you look up the three muses- One of them is named Melete, the goddess of practice and discipline. She is particularly important in times of distraction. After a lovely family holiday- hours on the road, lists in my head, and some exhaustion, I just wasn't sure I could paint anything at all today. My husband has gone to the kennel to pick up the dog, and to the pizza restaurant for dinner and I am left mulling for Melete in my studio. This small painting has the mood of my home this holiday: a proud (football enjoying) father, the wary (mental list making) mother and the playful (hidden) child. Thank you for checking this out! Have a nice holiday yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment