Thursday, December 7, 2006

Beer and Apples, December 7



Still Life with Beer and Apples
acrylic on wood
5.5 x 12 x 2 inches
This is painting number 98. I felt as though I could play around for a much longer time-placed layers of colors, scratched into the surface, ran it under water, repainted edges, repeated the process- the photo is a little glossy (wet paint) so you cannot see that the background has greens, yellows, blues and a final layer of reds. Through it all I was able to rub successive layers down to the wood grain and use the texture of the support. Not a life changing picture, but one that hints at all the fun I could have if I wasn't in such a hurry to get it done, to upload onto the blog, to get to the Xmas lists, to make dinner, etc...Also I had about, one, two, three studio visitors today. It was nice to see people and really nice they thought of shopping in my studio! Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment