Friday, December 1, 2006

December 1st


Cat and Leaves
Acrylic on wood panel
6 x 11 inches
My 92nd daily painting in a row! I was searching around my studio for a subject since it was raining outside, and fiddling with my collection of leaves, nests, and moss balls, when I noticed my cat, Mr. Bojangles, staring at me. I had to work fast- but I must say he was a good model. I hope to try it again. I have been busy outside the studio- helping afterschool 5th, 6th and 7th graders finish a classroom mural, decorating a window on Main Street for the Indian Rock School Museum, and finishing details for my proposed mural for the Poughkeepsie train station.
Now isn't there a holiday approaching with a million details to attend to? How to do it all? My father-in-law wants to put up the lights today, my son wants to swap his old skates at the ski swap today, and my husband needs me to get his jeep to the dealer today...
It is no wonder that so much of my art is painted on my "to do lists".

No comments:

Post a Comment