Monday, December 4, 2006

Painting number 95


SOLD
The Chicken Shed with Reo
acrylic on wood
5.5 x 12 x 1 inches
A friend asked me to try to paint the chicken shed down the road from our house. It sits across the street from my Dad's house. Eleven years ago, while instructed to stain the shed green, and while my dad and stepmom were away for the weekend, I painted a mural. It just flew out of my brush. I was pregnant (with Max) and my husband knew better than to try and sway me. Luckily my Dad and Betsy don't seem to mind. And now lots of people stop to photograph it. It is a warm and colorful surprise in the landscape. Today was no warmer than 32 degrees, but the sun was out and I sat in my car listening to Ladysmith Black Mambo. It was much easier to paint this scene than I thought. Sometimes-like cooking dinner- I am relieved to just have the suggestion of what to paint! This is my 95th daily painting in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment