Thursday, January 25, 2007

Brush and Cone, Double Icons




Daily painting: Double Icons and two images of work in progress: Twelve Apostles and Selati Lodge
What a wonderful day- I should check the lunar calendar because I feel absolutely euphoric. The day started out with renewed inspiration to tackle the oil paintings in my studio. It has been less than a month since we got back from travel to Africa- yet I have to work hard to remember the feel of the air, the light, much less the smells. Recent posted comments renewed some smoldering memories. I will post the three tapestries- which are in progress. By midday I went to the Millerton Market, by standard appointment for my daily painting, and, to my surprise, my youngest sister, Suzy, dropped in to keep me company. We laughed, marveled and even shared a cup of coffee. I ended the day on the phone and fax with my brother, Willy, working out details for the train station mural installation specs. His inspiring vision had me unable to sleep most of the night. The fire is burning! Stay tuned for more on that project really soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment