Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Curiosity on Main Street


SOLD
Ice cream on Main
8 x 10 inches

A question that begs to be answered is:Why? Why bother to show up everyday? Why bother to put myself in a window and paint in public?
Perhaps it is as lofty as the desire "to raise awareness of the arts" and as lowly as a desire "to demystify the artistic process" for the curious. Making art is fun, and can be funny. Not every painting is a success and I find myself purging my sensitivity for an afternoon of entertainment. I talk while I paint and I make fun of the whole situation. The kids are the best critics and admirers. Everyday I feel as though I am recruiting artists for the neighborhood, the planet, the future. I am an example of someone who chooses to paint the world some beautiful pictures. While politicians recruit soldiers I am on Main Street recruiting artists of tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment