Friday, February 9, 2007

Going deeper: Should I stay or should I go?


NOT AVAILABLE
I have been wondering a bit about this "daily painting" regime and can't help but see there could be a problem. I mean, if you let yourself think- "Oh, I've done my daily painting, I'm an artist"- you can really trap yourself on a superficial level. You can stop yourself from taking risks, going deeper, really exploring, and making a mess. I need to let go of the idea that everyday I will have a product (at least for a little while). Here is a piece that is a total flop really. I found my horoscope (center and upside down) was the inspiration for this. It is made out of sewn tickets, maps, etc...painted and drawn on top. After today I may throw it out or I may keep working on it- so it is UNAVAILABLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment