Saturday, March 24, 2007

Brown cow with or without tea cup



This piece is still in process. I've been working on it over the last two weeks. It's sewn and painted, and then sewn again. You tell me. Which works better? With the tea cup or without?
I never did my small daily painting today. I did a lot, though. Every inch of the studio is propped with work. Got so involved in my map panel and oil studies and larger works that I couldn't stop to focus on a small quickie. Sigh.
I've been playing for daYS/ WEEKS/in my studio and I am not seeing clearly anymore. Living on potato chips will do that.
My boys come home tomorrow. I need to run the dishwasher, buy some food...I am ready to be a mom again!

2 comments:

  1. I think I like it with the teacup, perhaps since I am drinking a cup of very black turkish coffee; or perhaps because it gives a whimsicality to the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you- Do you drink turkish coffee everyday? That is pretty strong stuff- no? I like the cup too- it was a loose piece that just fell onto the work, literally, as I was straightening up my studio. A happy accident or a gift from the muse??

    ReplyDelete