Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The cows are outstanding in their field



Today I sat on my porch and painted the landscape cross the road with some giant cows. I finally figured out what my problem was...I wasn't switching brushes! I wasn't changing the water. Sometimes when I get depressed, or ill, or just distracted, I latch on to my trusty brush come what may. I rely on the fact that there are days when this Brush seems to flow magically swift and cleverly exact. In fact, I panic if I can't find this brush. It seems to hold the key. But a new fact is that the brush cannot always be trusted. Maybe it has gotten damaged, old, certainly clumpy. There are 25 other brushes in my roll up kit. So I chose a couple relativley new brushes and did a couple cows. I had to remind myself to have fun... and then...AHA I was in the flow...I might share tomorrow some of my other paintings- I painted today from 9am to 6pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment