Thursday, March 15, 2007

Painting heaven


I have spent the last two days painting, cutting, arranging, sewing, painting. I start at 7am and break to eat breakfast when my husband comes home, about 2pm. Last night I had a bowl of popcorn for dinner around 10pm. I know, in the big scheme of things, that what I am doing is not of world importance, but it feels so good- so enthralling, so serious, so interesting- to be making beautiful pictures. I imagine them floating out of the studio to foreign walls, spreading cheer along the way. Two of the works are large (22 x 28 inches) quilted patchworks of cows in fields, four are (12 x 12 inch) sewn airline tickets with maps and images of coctails painted on them. My daily painting is of the birdfeed filled teacup on my porch railing. My aunt gave it to me as a gift and I LOVE it. The Muse is with me. I can feel the flow. THE PAINTED AREA OF THIS PICTURE IS 4 X 7 INCHES ON MEXICAN HANDMADE PAPER. UNFRAMED SOLD



No comments:

Post a Comment