Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Is this healthy?


Is it healthy to be thinking of your painting all the time? Shopping with my youngest son for school clothes, I embarrassed him by insisting on photographing the colors in the clothing displays. It was what I wanted to echo in the mural. I think I've been working on this map mural since the first of the month. Most of the time the work has been a dance- I make a mark, jump back, look and look until I feel what has to be done next. With the help of a power sander and a lot of acrylic paint I have been able to adjust images as needed. Last Sunday I threw in a really long day- I thought I'd get in early and get out to spend time with my boys- but I worked through the morning until late afternoon. And then Monday the picture was silent. I looked and looked and didn't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment