Friday, June 15, 2007

HEN AND EGG "antiqued"



We painted on canvas today with gel meduim for added texture. Once the paintings dried I challenged the kids to cover the surfaces completely with burnt umber, and then, with patience and care, wipe it off to reveal a transformed antiqued image. It'sall about taking a risk- letting go of your work- the girls did it. The boys chickened out!
In addition to risktaking daily in the studio I think that the muse is lurking for me at art openings. I really do not like going to openings because I feel shy and am often tired in the evening. But I am challenging myself to attend more art openings and to connect and hand my card to at least one person.
Yesterday evening I attended an art show in Catskill at the Marshall & Sterling Upstate offices. Three of my works were chosen by the curator Kathy Velis Turan to be in the show that pays homage to the creativity and short life of Kyle Berry. I drove forty minutes, put the cell phone on mute, walked in with my shoulders down, and met some really delightful people!
It felt really great.

No comments:

Post a Comment