Tuesday, August 28, 2007

the last drop



This was the last painting made on my sea trip. It's my uncle Pat's glass. 7 x 5 inches, acrylic on canvas. The tropical fruits left on the rim epitomize the whole idea of nurturing, and the swooping silhoute of the glass is sensous. That is what the trip was: nurturing and sensous.
I haven't been painting as much as I'd like- layering colors slowly on an oil painting in the barn and studying the shift in the fields from Queen Ann white to rag weed yellow. Promising myself that soon I'll paint the time of the milkweed seed pods as they transform from velvet green to leather purple to crisp silver. There are times I am positively euphoric about the beauty that surrounds me- how did I get to be so lucky? How come there isn't enough time for capturing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment