Saturday, September 15, 2007

highlander mailbox



This felt great to do- I got it flowing after cooking dinner. I was acting pretty cranky all day. While building a winter chicken coop, it seemed I couldn't measure a simple rectangle. Three tools gave me three different measurements! My dad came to the rescue. He's amazing with his knack to solve any architectural problem with a scrap he's collected and stashed over years of dump scavenging. We call it making a silk purse out of a sows ear. Ended up taking a walk searching out weed covered cage walls and I collected wild crabapples to make applesauce. Didn't think I had any time to paint, but I needed the money and my friend needed a wedding gift for next weekend. So I made my own enamel work of art out of a black metal mailbox. SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment