Friday, September 28, 2007

Rooster in candy colors


I survived last night grabbing a hen and transporting her to Sharon CT- actually, my husband heroically- with broken ribs and collarbone- did it while I lured the rooster to my side of the pen, and my son Max stood by with a large stick.
At the Historical Society Liz S. had a dozen kids signed up to look at the show, draw from the hen, listen to barnyard book stories and have milk and cookies. Leading a discussion on how to paint or look at animals, she asked the kids if they knew what the word "Inspire" meant. Lots of hands went up- and one little girl, about 5 years old said- ""it's when you get lots of ideas".
I was so pleased! And now inspired- here is my rooster in candy sweet colors. 8 x 10 acrylic on canvas ($200)

No comments:

Post a Comment