Friday, October 26, 2007

Packed Bag

SOLD
Fall can be very depressing. I feel sad, tired, and barely willing to paint. My friend Steve is packing his bags, as he is dying. He told me last night. I feel so helpless and sorry for myself. What will become of us, my cherished friendship? It is so unfair. Surprisingly, Steve seems pretty upbeat about it. I really don't want him to feel sick any more. My friend Mimi says Fall is a time of death and surrender. I woke up this morning wondering: how does Steve face his days?

2 comments:

  1. Stopped in for a look. I love this painting! After reading your comments I must say I'm sorry about your friend. I understand depression all too well myselfand agree that autumn has a way of heightening aloneness perhaps because it seems like it should be a time of drawing in and of closeness with other in a warm interior we often do not have.

    But I find this painting to be hopeful. Look at the colors of those leaves and you see hope and lightness even while feeling the loss with that packed bag and the misty blue surrounding it all. It is a lovely painting.

    Barbara in FL

    PS, if I had money I would buy it and truly enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete