Monday, November 5, 2007

Trek home...


This one had many titles as I worked on it- it started out as "the Cage", the "Carry-on luggage", but then I became more interested in the sky and the glimpse of the little house. Acrylic on paper 11 x 7 inches
Today I delivered a half dozen paintings of chickens for the Riverwinds Gallery's Small Works show.The opening is this Saturday, the 10th. Here is what I wrote int he statement:
My paintings reflect the world and inhabitants of our farm in the Berkshire hills of NY. Chickens in bright colors play out emotional sentiments. Painted on rough planks of wood, the pictures are thumb prints of something thoughful and essential to my life. I paint everyday unknowing what it will generate. It is the sheer act of doing it as a daily practice that gives me peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment