Saturday, January 26, 2008

Curtains


I made this in the hours before the actual funeral. It calmed my nerves and I thought the event might manifest into a somber farewell review- but instead it was very different-Lots of alumni showed up and ex-faculty were reunited. People brought pictures of their children, told me of their new jobs. It was stories shared about Jen that were full of wonder and consensus. We laughed! We cried. We were happy to see each other...I guess we connected in the fact that Jen was important to all of us.
Tonight- walking the dog- under the brilliant starry sky, I felt her soul sweep about me. I want to keep her near and never forget her. Acrylic on paper with map collage almost 9 x 10 inches.

3 comments:

  1. My condolences.

    I think that you have expressed very well your feelings lately in your work. Someitmes that is easier that using words. You manage both and I hope that has helped you cope with your loss and grief. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's much easier for me to collage it than say the words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tilly,
    This is a beautiful Artwork.
    Your work has been an instrument to help you and when you show it to the world you are helping others in a universal way. I am privileged to be able to view your work every day.
    GK

    ReplyDelete