Thursday, February 7, 2008

Bird's nest with poetry


I had an unexpected window of time today, so I actually worked on several art pieces- more than just my daily painting. I even started some valentines! This nest is a collage of paint and the poetry by Frederik Siedel (Cosmos) with maps of our national parks. This is the time of year that birds start to find their mates. This is the time of year that poetry resonates with me...the land is barren and we retreat to our hearths, curl up and dream. SOLD

5 comments:

  1. Now I see you already had the answer here in your blog! This is a beautiful collage & paint combination - this bird is so expressive!!Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the middle of illustrating a book on birds, and having drawn hundreds of stiff feathered, posed, fresh out of the taxidermist's surrealism, that when I saw this painting, my response was - Inspired.
    Here's a painter,Tilly, who is almost daily, giving us a performance in her work of all her moments - inside and out.These are often more the map, then the maps she paints on.
    Inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh Tilly! my favorite so far. more nests!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful painting!
    I love the heart shape of the nest
    and the sweet bird on top,
    the colors are so natural.

    ReplyDelete