Thursday, March 6, 2008

Desire for Communion


I am dismayed by the darkness in this winter, in my eyes, and in my work. It's getting old, scruffy and unreal. Looking at my life through my brain, checking my calendar to see where I am, and running on empty, I have left my heart somewhere else. (This makes me cry just to write it). Now I want light. I want to use my heart. I want to talk to God. I want peace.
"I want" is such a clogging phrase. I guess it would be best if I lay aside this keyboard and do some praying. Instead of more "I wants" I will seek out the lightness of gratitude.
after all- my boys are healthy, my father-in-law is getting better, my husband loves me, my hens laid 5 eggs today, we have a tank full of oil, ...

1 comment:

  1. Prayer is always a good thing to do, dear Tilly. I will add mine too for you.

    I like the thoughts behind this piece and the red colors; symbolic of the love and forgiveness of Jesus' shed blood. This seems appropriate as we approach Passover and the celebration of His resurrection. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete