Thursday, April 10, 2008

Life is a whirlwind or a road


This is a collage and painting with maps, words...inspired by a nest at the corner of route 22.
I am trying to BE STILL- to find the center of the whirlwind, or pause at a scenic overlook so l can send out the taxes, pack my suitcases, choose what to wear to the unveiling, return phone calls....BUT I only have a couple hours, and a programs committee meeting, until I am off to NYC with a student to hang his art show late into the night, followed by an early morning trust meeting, followed by lunch with my uncles, followed by train up the Hudson and Map unveiling event at the Poughkeepsie train station(5-7pm), followed by my early flight to California...
Must pack art supplies! I think I will paint everyday- but I may not post them as regular for the next week. Just gotta go a few brief miles... Thank you for being here-this blog helps me "check in".

1 comment:

  1. Tilly,
    I really like the overall impression that this gives of WHIRLWIND - and then there is the detail when you look more carefully at the what is blowin-round in there. It is well done. You are so prolific!
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete