Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Farm Couple




Had a sweet experience today visiting the studio of Michael Gellatly...where he let me see a painting he's been working on for two months. It was an incredible abstraction. So much in every section to entertain the eye.The way he described the conversation between him and the painting, the dance of execution, the balance of visual tools and pure poetry made fodder for my own Muse. Here is a painting I have been working on for three days- for the end page of the coloring book project. Not quiet high art. But maybe, if I could stay engaged another month and a half?...

3 comments:

  1. The cow couple are my favorites.
    I love visiting this blog Tilly, there is always something inspiring going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- I really don't know what I am doing. So little time, with the change of seasons and schedules, to focus. Hope to see the dust settle soon, and your comment is encouragement. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tilly,
    I love to see the behind the scenes activity of the Artist. How fun to do a coloring book!
    Olana - soon--
    GK

    ReplyDelete