Friday, June 6, 2008

Flowers and lawn calves



This was really a birthday present and collaboration. I had a migraine yesterday and a sweet young friend, Marilyn, came and pointed out to me the irises by my fence that were in bloom. Combined with the calves right across the street, (and Stahford, the loose rooster), they seemed to be modeling everything I love about June! We immediately had to paint them, (drawing was the most I could do). She got the chair out, and the paints and water and set me up. It was an unexpected highlight of the day. Here is mine and Marilyn's. (I hope she doesn't mind) I love how she pushes the paint around. We painted together last year on my birthday as well- coincidence!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Tilly! I hope that getting a year older didn't give you the migrane!

    Love your Van Gogh irises!

    ReplyDelete