Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Packed for the Road














I went up at noon to Frederick Church's mansion overlooking the Hudson River, Olana, today. There I met Jaime W. Grossman and Gretchen Kelly from Dailypainters.com They had been there since early morning and, I am sure, stayed way after I left. My mind was hardly in it, but it was good for me. As the ladies chose sites with grand vistas of far-away Catskill Mountains, I chose the more intimate short space of a dirt road leading off into the woods. I felt as though it could be small and tight enough to be packed in a suitcase. Private roads, prophetic turns, all leading to limitations and opportunities.
10 x 11 3/4 inches, painted on panel wrapped in map with found papers

1 comment:

  1. You do great work. I love your style. I would love to do a link exchange if your interested.

    My blog:

    http://austinmaloney.blogspot.com/

    My email:

    amaloneyart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete