Monday, October 6, 2008

Tea cup on sewn paper

SOLD- thanks R.L.
5 X 7 SEWN PAPER
Had a wonderful reception at the Moviehouse studio gallery yesterday- I think close to 100 people showed up- it was packed and quiet energizing. As the dust settles I cannot help but wonder what we artists hope to do in this world. Are we just exhibitionists? Are we hoping to make the place a little more colorful? What kind of work would be made if it was never shown? I know I would make art regardless of a chance to show-it is part of what keeps me sane. But how important is it to have others see the work? To have people notice, comment, question it? To have a dialogue?
Well- it is something to think about over tea- and then I have to get busy. See the list sewn into this small painting? Small steps help me from being overwelmed- so today the goal is to frame 4 (of the 26) paintings and paint one chick ornament...and...and...and...

1 comment:

  1. HI Tilly,
    Thanks for sharing your world and thoughts with pictures. That is what I look at and feed on from Artists. The world needs us to put it down so not only we are reflecting back to it but they can see themselves through us and our works. All of it is valuable and needed.
    xoGK

    ReplyDelete