Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Window


I finished sewing this while watching the Texas college football game last night. Much of my sewn work has come about because when the kids were little there wasn't time to do more than a "scrap" of a painting. These I stored in shoe boxes, one in my car, and others color coded in my studio. In the evening when I needed to be watching the kids or just near the family I could keep "working" by having my hands sew small pieces together to make larger works.
This window was a scrap painting made from looking at a Cuban window. I dream someday of living in the Caribbean and living with windows that have no screens, no glass, only wooden  shutters (to keep out the larger nocturnal flying insects). The lime green is my favorite tropical color. It is sewn papers, 7 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment