Monday, December 22, 2008

3 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS: Shelter for baby

Faith, hope and Love
This poetic little piece is about motherhood and the unique treasure of a newborn child. I painted it back in 1993- waiting for Max. I haven't done anything more powerful or important than raising my kids. Each one arrived and took my breath away, stripped me of everything I knew, and showed me that knowing nothing was the real way to live. They gave me wonder, awe, and literally radiated with light. I am so blessed. I am not sure what I am doing, but I try to protect them, cover them with my strength and knowledge and give them a good portion of my life. This little baby is now a teenager... he has wriggled out from under me and often I have to pray his protection comes from a bigger source. My frail body can't do it all these days.
Its' a panel of wood, 5 1.4 x 6 inches painted in high gloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment