Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lawn Chair with sweet cherries



Sunday! It's a beautiful day. I went for a quick walk early this morning. Everything is so green here- and so white at home. My son told me they had almost 5 inches last night and he was off to ski.
Enough with the tree studies/ shadows- I feel a bit surreal.
So this painting, made as I sat on the back lawn, is a playful account of "when life gives you cherries". Mom is doing tons better and we have had a few good laughs. I love this landscape. As I was painting this the eagle flew by at eye level, snatched something out of the water that looked like a stick, and flew gracefully back over me to the thick trees across the pond. Then a pelican came by with all the grace of an angry old man...
The canvas panel measures 4 x 6 inches. Even though this is a hard time, there are some sweet moments to treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment