Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cup over House

Time out at home.
Cup over house. 5.25 x 5 inches ink and pencil on paper. $25

Today was the artist reception for the A-Home show at Restaurant 121 in North Salem. All my boys (husband incl.) decided to come along. I definitely enjoyed their willingness. My cousin and my little nephews were there. Everyone seemed high energy besides me. We didn't stay long... like 25 minutes.  

We stopped at the Schoolhouse show in Croton Falls and said hi to the staff. 

Here is a photo of one of the walls in the main gallery room- all sewn paper pieces dealing with travel in one way or another- celebrated with a drink or memorialized with a suitcase. 

I do find that within the pause that a sip necessitates, there can be held seconds of wisdom and hours of solace.




No comments:

Post a Comment