Friday, March 27, 2009

Two places at once- studio openings here and there...


This Sunday, March 29th, from 2-4 I plan to be an hour south of home, in Croton Falls at the School House Gallery, celebrating the spring tonic of a room full of my "art babies"and good friends. Emails, e-blasts, and postcards have gone out inviting people from all over. My friend Bibiana is intuitively playing the piano. Arthur Saltzman has his sculptures in the next room. The last production of the play, "Biography" starts at 4pm. 
When it rains it pours. The local newspaper, a weekly edition, so kindly listed my art event and mistakenly said it is to be at my studio an hour north of Croton Falls, in my town, at the crossroads of Amenia! I am not sure how to be here and there. Luckily my studio mate Emmy Bright is going to for-go the Croton Falls bash and host the studio in town. I am buying her a bottle of wine and some crackers and she plans on cleaning up her side of the space in anticipation of SOMEONE showing up on Sunday (2-4pm). I will spread out my latest winter paintings of Antlers. So if you are here or if you are there- I hope you can swing in and see some art, catch a snack and meet one or two of my friends.
Thank you for being such good lookers.

No comments:

Post a Comment