Thursday, April 2, 2009

Grim truths and chopped paintings



This morning- in the fog, on the wet roads above the village, a giant semi tractor trailer truck came jackknifing towards me. He slid by to the side quiet gracefully and perched at a stop, balanced on the steep hillside. No one was hurt. Only the guardrail was crushed. It was in fact my lucky day! And the driver's too.
Still I was shaken up. In the back seat I had 12 of my Antler paintings, intending to show them to a friend that morning. And when I did- I had new eyes to see that these where not the paintings I wanted to survive me if a truck crushed me flat. A dream I had last night has come to mind in vaporous moments with the message that these paintings are not the product. They are one step in the process. So I chopped several of them up.

5 comments:

  1. whoa, what a close call and what a wild process THIS piece has going for it! i'm relieved to hear that you are ok!! it will be interesting to see where the chopped parts end up - sometimes ART requires major surgery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tilly-
    That's intense. The near fatal and epiphany, then the recollection of the dream. It is all tied together and you are revealing it. I do believe it is all about the process.
    I am so glad you are here making Art.
    xoGK

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS... I really do not know what I am doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha! tilly, that last comment of yours, looking like it's being spoken from your avatar standing chicken, is comical!!

    ReplyDelete