Saturday, June 20, 2009

Teenagers needed to express themselves


Do you have a teenager at home or nearby who could use a new form of speaking their mind? Art is a wonderful and harmless way to get personal messages across. Teenagers are the last bastion of honest visionaries... they see through hypocrisy and live in the conflicted time zone between child-like simplicity and adult compromise.
I love working with kids and giving them tools and time honored techniques to finesse their creative voices. In my workshop "Express Yourself" through the Barrett Art Center I will be helping kids look into themselves and discover who they are. We won't be looking long in glass mirrors. Instead we will be looking at ourselves through a variety of ways such as palmistry, and astrology, and Phrenology. The workshop runs in August one weekend- Saturday and Sunday August 15, 16, from 11-3pm at the Merritt Bookstore in Millbrook.
I am also teaching an introduction to the daily Painting exercise- which meets at the same place August 10-12, 10-2pm Email me or click on the links to sign up for the class.
ALSO... in July:
I am honored to be working with 11-14 year olds at the Mill Street Loft's Jr Art Institute in Poughkeepsie this summer. It's an intensive drawing and painting week long program. I will take your child and, with a variety of materials, guide them through processes to strengthen their personal art portfolio.

1 comment:

  1. If you can teach self expression as well as you express yourself here in writing, I would join your class in a heartbeat. My loss, I just turned 20.

    ReplyDelete