Sunday, July 5, 2009

Kafka- esque Vermin portrait with Baggage


This is a many layered painting- it has had many lives...a metamorphosis- so becomes an ode to Franz Kafka! The Metamorphosis (German: Die Verwandlung) is a novella he wrote, about a traveling salesman who wakes up to find himself transformed, published in 1915. Who am I, and what will my family do, when I wake up and find that my life isn't the right size anymore? I can't give them what they have always asked. I am, like the giant roach, paralyzed on my back, terrified and hoping to grasp a pair of eye glasses to negate the vision... perhaps a little lipstick will help?
Forgive the drama... it is just a picture. 12 x 10 inches, or thereabouts, collage and paint on wood panel.
Already I have lost my use of the verbal language... it has become garbled and unintelligible. Will @#$$$ ........... be able to take care of themselves without ..........? Will *&* ........ away ......... in @#$%^ studio?

No comments:

Post a Comment