Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ice Cream oil paintings at freezer prices


Ya! Remember when I painted an ice cream sundae every Sunday for 30 weeks? I have about 15 left in the cabinets. 
Confession: I am at times overwhelmed with re-inventing a marketing plan. It's not enough to paint every day- I have to balance the invitations to exhibit, donate works, create window dressings, post on line, show up at gallery openings, and teach for a minimum, all "for exposure". Seems as though in any other business I'd be making money. 
Is the answer to lower prices even more? To paint a new line of smaller works? To go back to eBay? To get a full time job out of the studio? To flag down patrons on the highway?
I am feeling down. All this running about looking for new doors makes me feel as though my feet aren't even on the ground.
Here are the remaining small 4 x 4 x 2 inch oil paintings from my Sunday Sundae painting series. 
I'll take offers of any amount for purchase. and promise not to feel an insult taken. I believe we are all struggling financially. All of us are in different boats but on the same lake.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tilly,

    Fellow DP artist here. I just read your blog entry on the Sunday Sundaes - very cute idea. As far as marketing, I found out about some great marketing advice from Jack White a few years ago -- I read all of his books (jackwhiteartist.com, click on books) and they really helped me out with marketing my work.

    Just wanted to pass that along. You have nice work, so keep your head up!!

    Jen V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seconding Jen V advice about checking out Jack White's art marketing books. His books helped me out too!

    S. P.

    ReplyDelete