Wednesday, December 9, 2009

EGG with map nest- gift idea

Collection P. Baneviscious
Talk about a conflict between staying and leaving! Perhaps just the option of all those roads is enough of a cozy idea to feel comfortable. Have you ever wanted to burrow down into a map? I am intrigued by spots where multiple lines converge. If I had been a map maker I would have created a wrinkle across the surface where I could live.
This measures 6 x 6 inches, maps and paint on matte board.
I don't know why I try things. I just get an idea and have an urgent sensation that I have no choice but to put it together and offer it to an audience. That's the burden of a gift... That's what some people call it. The artist doesn't have a lot to do with it- they just receive inspiration and then pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment