Sunday, December 6, 2009

Winter wonderland


It snowed about 4 inches last night and I missed the Hudson Winter walk... my car couldn't make it there with the tires balding and the wipers frayed. This morning I awoke (safe in my comfy bed) to a beautiful scene- crystal blue skies, white puffs of snow on the branches and soft purple shadows.... This painted scene is about a ten minute walk from my house- I call them "My trees" and it is where I go to stand in awe and wonder and say prayers and give thanks for everything. I don't think there is a more beautiful place on earth for me, right now, than in those trees.
The photo of the small painting is a little on the blurry side- I will try to retake and upload a better image manana, tomorrow-
5 x 7 inches acrylic paint on heavy arches paper.


On another note- thanks to everyone who came to my reception at Maplebrook today. I am so glad you were there! I wish I could have talked longer to each one of you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment