Wednesday, June 23, 2010

dangers of attachment


After worrying about the kids, my worst fear has been about losing the house. My attachment to it goes to the ground it sits on (my grandpa's land, my dad's farm,etc...) Much more than the hectic layout of rooms and levels added to the original one room schoolhouse, it's nooks and crannies contain the history of my last 25 years. I've come to know it much better this year, and recently I've been focused on major work in both the attic and the basement. Financially I have an art (read:unsteady) income so the plan I have to keep the house against all odds has to be a measured reality check. Perhaps it's unrealistic and isn't meant to be. I have faith the right solution will present itself.
Divorce document #23

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You could probably break out into a whole new series with this subtopic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! Think of all the things I could paint! But would my brushes be a part of it?

    ReplyDelete