Monday, June 28, 2010

Divorce Club

I don't necessarily want to be a part of it, but I am. It's mind boggling how many members there are. It's something I never thought about before. And it's a membership I would never urge or advise on anyone. There are so many brave faces out there that many of us are never aware of the pain... like I am now.
I recently visited an interesting forum for those with partners going through midlife crisis. Reading the expressions of spouses left behind has been enlightening in that I find I am not clearly a victim and have, in reality, often been a perpetrator. I think I was the one with doubts, wondering if I could "fix my life", weighing the difference between loving and being in love...
However you get there, being divorced is a fact that doesn't have to isolate you. I've found myself comforted by the compassion & understanding of the divorce club.

No comments:

Post a Comment