Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Door as metaphor

Choices must be made even though I am ambivalent today whether... to keep walking past or go through with this emotional paperwork. Some things require thoughtful decisions. Some things require impulsive faith. So often I want to escape to a cottage at the sea, or believe in a Tuscan ruin to reaffirm my life purpose. But I stay in my home town, at my desk, at the phone, at the easel and I listen to my children, my lawyer, my friends, and my heart. Divorce document #29

2 comments:

  1. Powerful! - food for thought for any station in life. Kind of "the grass is always greener" on the other side of the door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love paintings of slightly open doors. I have had one by Bruce Docker on my wish list for a while - it's an older painting, actually kind of similar colors to yours, so I hope it's still there when I finally click Purchase. My Libra self analyzes decisions in so many directions. To me the open door is a scary visual but it's also a little calming to see an image that focuses my mental processing.

    ReplyDelete