Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cold air hot air .... Spent the day baking coffee cake for my neighbors

It was a lot of fun, trying to do something nice. A girlfriend came over and cooked as well. We aren't sure if the oven temperatures are accurate because it took us a while to get everything baked. This was a recipe I use only once a year at Christmas time.
Look at my loaves! They look burnt on the top. One caved in because I was looking at them too long (the old cold air hot air thing) I was going to fill out recipe cards to go along with the gift, but is there really a point? My family sure was tolerant of my cooking skills. Can I assume my neighbors will be as well? Is it still possible to give these away?
I don't want to insult anybody...

2 comments:

  1. LOL.

    Don't feel too bad. It happens to the best of us.

    I applaud you for at least trying to bake.

    Now you just have to improve!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you- I don't know if I'll ever improve...I just don't have the intuition good bakers have. Nothing makes sense- I follow the instructions faithfully- and God help me if I accidentally skip a page- which happens- because I don't use my own brain at all in the process. Do they sell intuitive cook books or have classes where you exersize your brain and just figure the meal out?

    ReplyDelete