Monday, January 24, 2011

The bed as an alter:

This is the COVER OF MY HIBERNATION JOURNAL
Thinking of how important the bed is in our lives- as a place for rest, for healing, loving, and dying- I feel it should be embellished and approached with intent. I try to keep the foot of my bed clutter-free (supposedly that will help my mind be clutter-free) and have candles and good spiritual reading materials on both side tables. The quilts on the bed each have a story. I like weight- so there are three! In addition I have a wool blanket my parents had spun and dyed from their sheep as a wedding present, and fuzzy flannel sheets. The trees in this collage are painted after the actual view outside my window... Its a very special place.

1 comment:

  1. Reading this - I'm out of the bed for the day but I really want to go back. My bed is embellished with favorite paintings around it. The sheets are old, faded 100% cotton. I like the weight of top covers too.

    ReplyDelete