Saturday, January 8, 2011

Horizon lines

Walking the beach every morning, I find myself breathing deeply along with the rhythm of the tide. Little bits of sea creatures are left at my feet and the sand, and every handful, seems to hold the history of far away places. A pleasure this week has been sharing the company and insight with my two sons. My youngest son says the world seems small when we look out at the horizon, and I feel the opposite. Like I'm small and the world is big. My other son looks at the horizon and wants to see what's on the other side- what lies beyond. Tomorrow we all separate. Each to their own horizon line.

3 comments:

  1. Just got caught up on your blog and once again I stand (sit) in awe of you. The depths you reach in your thinking amaze me. The horizon piece was so wonderful - the different viewpoints, the different journies, the different directions .... but all bound together. Do you know that I cry when I read your entries. For several reasons. For the beauty. For the creativity. For the longing I feel for the love you have in your life. For the commitment to your art. You are and always have been not so much an inspiration to me because I can never seem to follow through on what inspires me, but a symbol of what can be and should be .... I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- thank you- your support means a lot to me, and I want to be there for you too.

    ReplyDelete