Thursday, February 3, 2011

Birdfeeder suspends over some sheets of ice

Gosh, It's freezing!
SOLD- THANKS PAMELA!
I MIGHT as well move out of my bedroom and into the woods. (The house feels cold enough!)
No, really I know I am lucky to have a roof overhead. It's just a fascinating winter land all around me. Rumor has it we have had over 53 inches of snow so far! There seems to be a ton of it. And another storm is coming day after tomorrow! Now we enter the mathmatics of where do we actually shovel the stuff? The roads are like bobsled luge runs with high walls and no visibility of intersecting traffic. The snow from the roof, when shoveled off, makes white mountains to the window heights. They press into the siding, the screens take a beating and ice leaks in through the woodwork. I already have bins catching water drips in the attic... it has slowed down today, but I'm not sure if its because we caught and plugged it- or because everything is frozen. (It is going to -1 degree tonight) Will there be a giant blue green glacier bursting through the roof and in the attic next time I go look?
Oh! I might as well just move into the woods!

Don't live without love. Check out the chance to make a special valentine the day before Vday at our Lakeville Studio-to-Stove workshop- details in sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. you are so creative in the middle of this possibly "biggest storm of the decade". i applaud you. stay safe - xops

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you moved into the woods, you'd end up making glorious paintings of the inside of the house and it would soon draw you in again.

    Your series of beds in the snow-filled woods are, however, delightful. Surprisingly warm amd emticing.

    Don't know how you do it, but DON'T STOP.

    ReplyDelete