Monday, May 9, 2011

Hallway




My house. I don't want to forget it. I just love the way during spring and summer you can live with the doors open, to screens, and the vibrant outside. My Adirondack chairs...

I'm working on these latest paintings starting with a dark ground and adding the "white" light... no underdrawing or prep work, just eye-balling measurements and making bold visual leaps with paint. It's punishment for saying I don't like white... now I need to explore it... go to it...
I am also doing a drawing a day with my left hand. It's in a sort of rehab from lifetime of laidback living. I swear the left side of me is WEAK. Michael left yesterday for a months painting residency, and I tease him that I am making these drawings about being "left" behind. I would love to be painting at a residency!

But instead I am loving my house. For the moment.

1 comment:

  1. I love your hallway, too, Lizzy. Leading out onto the deck brings back to me years of memories of chaotic meals and simple, small meals. Also iced tea and conversation. Infants became toddlers on that deck, then became youngsters, then teenagers and finally became (and are still becoming) young adults. And the footprints of many who are no longer with us are embedded on that deck. I need at least one iced tea and conversation afternoon before you go.

    ReplyDelete