Friday, May 13, 2011

LAST NIGHT'S SALON AT THE FOUNTAINS


was really wonderful. I am grateful to the Barrett House for organizing the event. They will be hosting future art salons in their own place in Poughkeepsie rather than at the Fountains. But it was such a pleasure to share my work with residents and visitors in a truly lovely space with banquet tables for seating and plenty of cakes and wines. It was my second powerpoint ever... I put together 41 images and, due to the help of Christene and Terresa, it worked without a hitch!
My focus was on the practice of daily painting and how it has helped me- since 2006- move through loss of children to school, friends to cancer, time, youth, and divorce. The chickens and ice cream became sublimated icons for the human journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment