Monday, October 31, 2011

Feeling bad for those back home

It got a little wet and gray here.. but nothing like up north.
They got slammed with a freak snowstorm and now are freezing without power! My folks must be overwhelmed, with so much to clean up, and not even the leaves up off the ground yet. I heard the nearby town got 21 inches of wet snow. Everyone is quiet now... My new tenants must be dazed. I haven't heard from them. I am praying that the trees didn't fall on the house or the pipes freeze in the night. I'm hoping all my neighbors are safe and sound.

2 comments:

  1. 21" of wet snow (consistency of mashed potatoes) - power went out at 4pm on Saturday, cam back at Midnight Tues ...a long, colg nightmare. Plus - what made it even worse was that cell phones didn't work either, so it was total isolation. Been saying for years that I was going to buy a wood stove and NOW I'm really going to do it. Not going through this again, EVER. We take the miracle of electricity for granted. I'm going to try to remember the wonder of it everytime I flip a switch, make a cup of coffee or so a wash.

    ReplyDelete