Saturday, February 4, 2012

When I read I grow



It's such a luxury to have time to read... and I am spoiled these days... Here with breakfast, is a gift from Michael. The book "Rebels in Paradise" is like a box of chocolates... detailing and connecting the dots of the art scene in Los Angeles during the 1960's.
Written by Hunter Drohojowska-Philp, it explains the unique inspiration and personalities behind the Southern California aesthetic. There is a wonderful time-line in the front, and each chapter flows like an easy conversation. I don't want it to end!
I can't help but think of regionalism and how geography can change the media. So where have I come to and how will it effect my art? As you can see from this little painting, created by the prompt "what are you reading?', Miami is all about surrealism, dreams, and foliage.

No comments:

Post a Comment