Thursday, April 26, 2012

New painting about gifts

I am counting my blessings. Which has, over the last few days, made me realize how little I really know about anything. I am working on willing myself not to be afraid or ashamed about it.
I do not know how to change the past. Or how to predict the future. I don't know the best way to plan for security. I don't understand the decisions of my children. I don't know if my decisions are much better. I don't know how I forget what I can and can't control. I don't know how I got so lucky. I don't know what is going to happen next, when the shoe will fall and when this will end. And I worry over how my kids will ever grow strong and self satisfied. How will they find their place in the world? Why didn't I, why couldn't I do that for them? Often I catch myself being judgmental or being envious, and I really have no place for that! I have made drastic mistakes and I must lead a charmed life. It is all beyond my comprehension.
There are those who know and those who know they do not know. Which are you?

Small canvas panel painted collage, 4 x 5 inches, $50 plus shipping ($2 USA)
I am starting a small series of up to 50 paintings, inspired by the Easter season, that intend to affirm the presence of joy in this world.

3 comments:

  1. I am passing on to you the Kreativ Blogger Award because I love how you share what you do with your students. You have great ideas too. I have never met you and found your site be surfing somehow, so imagine the lucky people that get to interact with your inspiration directly.

    I am an artist and teacher too.

    You can pick up the baton by visiting my blog and pass it on:

    http://www.deborahgregg.com/2/category/all/1.html

    When passing it would be great, if you are so inclined, to post my blog address as well.

    Best, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm visiting your blog tonight!
    http://www.deborahgregg.com/2/category/all/1.html and will follow up on the rules and postings!

    ReplyDelete