Saturday, March 21, 2015

The last acrylic project with demos


A week before school let out for spring break, my three painting classes attempted their last acrylic painting lesson. Palette Knife Painting. The point of this was to use heavy body acrylics (feel the difference in texture) and NO BRUSHES. They painted on wood panels with sticks and knives. Everyone had to work from a photograph so that I would know what they were attempting to replicate and be able to help them.
The two paintings above are my demos from two of the three classes. The beaver was from my imagination as I rose to the challenge of student requests, and the poppies were inspired by an image projected onto the wall from the internet. The third demo piece was a football in the grass, and it is already in someone's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment