Sunday, May 17, 2015

The rubber band theory

Rubber bands stretch and then snap back into an always circular shape. That is how I feel my perception of TIME is. It's hard to believe another school year is coming to a close. Just yesterday the senior class graduated and only the day before I remember them entering my classroom all frisky with middle school energy. They had their teeth in braces and backpacks to match their weight. Now they smile through clear and hopeful faces and teeter in heels or glide in svelt loafers, looking quiet able to defy gravity. This has happened four times since I started working at Palmer Trinity... I fear next year will be my advisory up on the graduating platform delivering speeches and accepting awards, anxious to move on to the next chapter. I will be watching with pride, and then, like tomorrow, I will return to the classroom and refocus on the next batch of bright learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment